 |
| Me above on the beach in S. Giovanni di Sinis (Oristano) and also below by Keren Bensoussan |
 |
|
|
| The picture above shows how calm the sea is on the right side and how wavy it is on the left side. The two parts of the sea are separated by land and the bit I was standing on when I took this picture is called San Giovanni di Sinis in the province of Oristano. The photo below is the tower of San Giovanni di Sinis. Both photos by Keren Bensoussan |
|
 |
| Old church in San Giovanni di Sinis by Keren Bensoussan |
 |
Ruins of Roman baths and building in Fordongianus. It is a small town in Sardinia known for its hot thermal baths where Romans once invaded and built their famous buildings and arches. Where have the Romans not been after all? by Keren Bensoussan |
 |
| Women washing clothes in the hot thermal water in Fordongianus by Keren Bensoussan |
|
|
The dry, rugged road through Fordongianus leads to an oasis for those who can afford modern day hot baths. These are found at the four star
Sardegna Grand Hotel Terme where I spent three days and found rejuvenation in one of the oldest forms of vacationing. Otherwise known as beauty rest.
With two large hydromassage pools, one indoors and one outdoors under the starry skies and between the hilly mountains; four saunas and a large variety of massage and beauty treatments, it became clear to me why Romans in days past were often so healthy and good-looking. I do admit that after a deep muscle tissue massage and a full body Moroccan scrub and mud mask I felt ten years younger and ready to face the world again.
Upon arrival at the hotel I saw the guests walking around in their white bathrobes and had a flashback of Romans hanging out in their togas by the famous hot baths you see in paintings. It was a bit strange at first but I eventually got used to it and found that walking around in my bathrobe with a bunch of strangers was not so strange or difficult after all.
 |
| Hot baths under the winter sky by Keren Bensoussan |
I am the first to say that taking care of your heart and soul is predominantly important, but I also believe that "la via di mezzo", which basically means finding balance in life, includes taking care of the body we were given at birth and making sure it is kept healthy, clean and shiny. I truly think that I thoroughly enjoyed this luxurious vacation because I have taken such good care of my soul.
 |
| That's me feeling refreshed |
0 comments:
Post a Comment