Manifesting the Green Stuff (or in this case red)
![]() |
| http://www.winmarkcom.com |
The other day I was riding my bicycle back from a friends house. There was no one on the street except my friend on her bike ahead of me. I was fixating on going to the bank to get fifity euros. Not for me, mind you, but to reimburse my boyfriend for paying for both my fare and my brother's boat fare from Sardinia to Corsica. My brother was visiting and got the first class hospitality treatment Sardinian style. Sardinians are generous by nature, but I am not Sardinian and felt it was my duty to pay my boyfriend back for both of us.
On my way to the bank, my mind fixated on doing the right thing, something on the side of the road caught my eye. Strangely enough, it looked just like a fifty euro bill, which is easy to recognize because it's red. My first thought was it's probably a publicity stunt but something told me to stop and check it out anyway. So I did. I tried to tell my friend to slow down and wait for me but she couldn't hear me and sped off ahead. In the meantime, I got off my bicycle and picked up the red bill. It was sort of crumpled up but it was the real deal. I started to wonder how the heck it had gotten there and who had lost it. Many ideas came to mind none of which I could confirm because there was no one around. So I put it in my pocket.
My friend finally stopped when she realized I was no longer behind her. When I explained what had happened her jaw dropped. I asked her how come she hadn't seen it first and she said she was busy looking at the road ahead. I explained to her that I was actually on my way to the bank to get fifty euros to reimburse my boyfriend when well, this bill showed up. She said, "then it's meant to be yours. The bank came to you."
Since this happened I've been thinking a lot about the abundance in the universe and how we manifest it. Can we do it at will? On her way back home, my friend said she looked all around for red bills, even blue and green ones but unfortunately, didn't see any.
It's the most money I've randomly found on the street except for the forty euros I found the last time my brother visited, except that I returned it when I saw a tourist frantically searching her pockets for her lost money. This time however, I was allowed to keep it.
Note to my brother: when are you coming to visit again?
Next stop: Beginner's Luck

0 comments:
Post a Comment