Friday, August 20, 2010

The Cherry on Top

http://www.justfoodnow.com
It's been a lovely month so far. I say this sincerely as I will also add sincerely that part of July and the beginning of August were rather bumpy and had me wondering why the stars were lining up so mischieviously to cause us humans here on earth trouble. 

Sometimes things look up and sometimes things look well, not so up. No matter how much we try to accept this unchangeable fact with grace and wisdom, none of  us really welcome the hard times with a smile on our face. Do we? 

But the rough waters always seem to eventually calm down. For me, peace is the greatest gift so anything else that comes along is extra, like the cherry on top. 

The last couple of weeks have had a few cherries on top of the scrumptious ice cream sundae. Or in this case, considering I live in Italy, let's call it the cherry on top of the tiramisu (which by the way, means pick me up in Italian). 

They all have their merit, but the first one I'd like to mention is the article I wrote on Alghero, the Sardinian town I live in called, "Finding Treasures in Alghero" that was published on Michelle Fabio's site, Bleeding Espresso: Life and Love in Southern Italy.

Michelle is an American attorney turned freelance writer who decided to leave her hometown in Pennsylvania to go back to her ancestors' village in Calabria. You can tell she loves what she does. Her website is full of interesting information from history, to recipes to guest travel blogs like my own. I was truly thrilled when she asked me to write a short article on Alghero for her blog. Go ahead and check it out. Grazie Michelle!

Next... Manifesting the Green Stuff (or in this case red)!




0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by http://astojiwo2012.blogspot.com/ 2008

Back to TOP