Monday, August 31, 2009

The Island of Feelings

by Christian Boucher (translated from French)
(image credit: www.thailand.net.au)

There once was an island where different feelings lived: Happiness, Sadness, Knowledge, and others, including Love.

One day it was announced to the feelings that the island would sink. So they all prepared their boats and left.

Only Love remained.

Love wanted to stay until the last moment. When the island was on the verge of sinking, Love decided to ask for help.

Richness was passing next to Love in a luxury boat.
Love said, "Richness, can you take me?"
"No, because there is a lot of silver and gold on my boat. I do not have room for you."

Love then decided to ask Vanity who was also passing in a beautiful vessel.
"Vanity, help me please!"
"I cannot help you, Love. You're all wet and you could damage my boat."

Sadness was at hand so Love asked, "Sadness, let me come with you."
"Oh ... Love, I am so sad that I need to be alone!"

Happiness also passed next to Love, but he was so happy he could not hear Love calling.

Suddenly a voice said, "Come Love, I will take you with me."
It was a man.

Love felt so grateful and overjoyed that he forgot to ask the old man his name.  But the old man had departed.

Love realized how much he owed him and asked Knowledge, "Who helped me?"

"It was Time," answered Knowledge.
"Time?" Love wondered. "But why did Time help me?"
Knowledge, being wise, smiled and replied:
"Because only Time is capable of understanding how important Love is in life."

"To ask costs a moment of embarrassment, but not to ask is to be embarrassed for life." Japanese Proverb

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by http://astojiwo2012.blogspot.com/ 2008

Back to TOP